Last week, we sampled some appetizers — how our Envision applicant predictions did with Junior and Retargeted campaigns. This week we get to the main course, Senior New predictions, and the results don’t disappoint. Read this week’s attached Labs List to find out more.
Using our brand spanking new Envision prediction engine we predicted the likelihood of applying for about 450,000 students in Senior New campaigns who hadn’t applied by this spring.
We then sent direct mail to about 94,000 students, mostly in underperforming campaigns. Looking at the full 450,000 what we wanted to see is more students from quantile 10 applying than from quantile 9 and so on down the line.
Quantile 10 had about 2.5x the conversion rate of quantile 8 and about 10x the conversion rate of quantile 2. There were more applicants out of the top 30% most likely to apply than out of the other 70% combined.
Quantiles have an 85% correlation with DRA rates, with strong statistical significance.